Well basically, that’s how the internet works…
People use Keywords and keyword phrases to search the internet for information on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
The only way you will ever be found is by utilizing the best SEO practices to satisfy those search engines.
It’s a fact that 70% to 90% of all search are performed on Google (dependent on the country where you live). To be found it is best that you conform to Google’s algorithms as all search engines follow Google’s lead.
To get a better understanding how Google works visit this video by Matt Cutts of Google. The video is over 2 years old and things have moved on having even tighter algorithms since then.
Without SEO search engines will not find you.
Search engines are smart but they need the information presented in a way (SEO) that they can crawl and understand.
The more you satisfy Google’s algorithms the greater your website will be optimized into the search engine computer bank and the more likely your website will be found in a search.
Can you do SEO Yourself | Yes and NO…
Realise there are
- over 200 major elements
- over 10,000 secondary elements
- and they are constantly changing and evolving
So unless you are prepared to spend many hours per week firstly learning and then keeping up to date with the changes it is best you use someone who does.
At UltraSEOSolutions, I would spend 10 to 20 hours per week just keeping up with the changes. While it is strongly advisable to have a good knowledge of SEO, and try doing it yourself, it could be extremely time-consuming and not very cost efficient. As you would rather spend your precious time in more important aspects of your business! That’s is where we come in, with our affordable award winning SEO Packages.
Is your time better spent on your business or your website?
How Search engines operate.
Search engines have 2 functions
- Crawling and indexing
- Providing answers
Crawling and indexing
The first process is to crawl your articles and website may be several times per day building an index of keywords.
When someone does a search using keywords the search engine matches your website index and links your website to the search listing.
To find the popular keywords people are using in a search you can find them in a number of websites such as Ahrefs and SEMRush.
The link structures are the highways the automated search engine robots use with crawlers or spiders to reach billions of interconnected documents in fractions of seconds from their massive banks of computer servers.
What happens when someone does a search…
The search engines look into their indexes for two things all in a fraction of seconds.
- The relevance of the article to the search query
- The ranking of the relevant articles in the perceived order of importance. There are hundreds of factors that influence relevance that will be discussed further within future posts.
Understand all this is done with search engine algorithms so there are many ways to increase your ranking and popularity.
Keeping updated with the changes can be gained from individual search engine webmaster Guidelines on SEO. Because Google is the leader most search engines have similar guides.
Google recommend the following
- Make pages primary for users not search engines
- Create quality content that enriches your website
- Must be unique and not a copy
- Ensure your titles, headings and ALT text spell out the content of the articles intent.
- Create internal and external links to relevant articles. Limit these to a few quality links more so that 20+ inferior links
- URL should be descriptive and include the keywords of the article
- Don’t overdo keyword use. Best use keywords early in the content but limit to one to two percent of total content. Use synonyms or like words to limit keyword use.