Keyword usage dominate the interaction with search engines.
The strategic use of keywords is a fundamental building block to guarantee your website’s success on search engines. Keywords and keyword phrases are the building blocks of search.
To have your keywords included in Search engine data bases it’s paramount you use the best and latest SEO practices.
Search engines maintain huge data bases indexing keywords and keyword phrases.
The greater the range of keywords you generate in additional blog and pages the more likely you will be found in a search resulting in a better ranking.
We strongly recommend you start a blog today, in order to attract 100’s of new keywords to rank, while engaging your website visitors to stay more on your website. (Check out our Website Content Writing service)
Strategic Keyword Placement Dominate interaction with Search Engines…
Most importantly, remember that you write articles in pages and blogs in answer to peoples popular questions… but do not forget to optimize your content for search engines, as they will help people find your articles in a search.
This post provides little understood methods of strategic keyword use to help you increase the success in your articles being found boosting ranking.
1. Keyword placement in website articles.
Keywords dominate people’s search for information. You are going to get vastly different search results in the way you conduct a search.
Examples and results of a search listing
- training dogs – 682 million
- training dog – 940 million
- dog training – 1,610 million
- dog training schools – 120 million
- “dog training schools” (exact match) – 540,000
Spelling, punctuation and capitalisation also affect keyword search results.
Keyword stuffing is no longer acceptable to search engines and by over use your articles will be penalised. Your target should be in the order of 1% and certainly no more than 2% of any one article.
Synonyms and similar words are a good way to avoid keyword stuffing. Check out this video by Matt Cutts, from Google, regarding the possibility of using synonyms (The video is a decade old, but still valid):
2. Keyword placement in Tags
2.1 Title Tag
- A concise and factual description of the page or posts content helps your SEO
- Place keywords as far left as possible
- Stay within the 60 character limit
- Follow the title with your brand (Optional)
- Ensure your tag is readable and relevant
2.2 Meta Description
Meta description tag is a brief description of the article’s content best it be limited to 160 characters in length. Make sure the description is perfectly readable before going crazy on optimizing with all your keywords. Meta descriptions play a big role in CTR (the percentage of people that would find your website’s description on Google results, appealing for them in order to click)
3. Keyword placement in URL structures.
Uniform resource locators (URL) are the web address for a document.
They appear in a number of locations
- In the search engine display under the title in green
- In the address bar
- Within an article linked as a reference
Best Construction Guidelines
- Employ empathy place yourself in the mind of the user so the URL accurately describes the content of the article
- Shorter is better. Best practice of title tags is to be 70 characters or less
- Include keywords in title tag – once in the URL
- Go static so URLs are human readable without numbers and symbols
- Use hyphens to separate words in the URL like this post keyword-usage-dominate
4. Duplicate versions of content.
Canonicalisation happens with the duplication of content under different URLs. This Canonicalisation confuses search engines and you will penalised.
To avoid this use either of these
- 301 — redirect to the dominant URL
- Canonical URL tag – A great plugin that can cover this and provide most SEO solutions is WordPress SEO by Yoast in the Advanced section
- or just avoid the duplication of content
5. Rich Snippets
Rich snippets is the relevant brief description of up to 156 characters that support your title and URL in the search listing.
The WordPress plugin Yoast provides the method to create the Rich Snippet. There are tons of other awesome plugins that do this job as well.